close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zastava FRY M59-66

Discussion in 'SKS' started by ninwnc, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ninwnc

ninwnc G&G Enthusiast

My now 10 year old son decided he wanted to shoot something with a bigger bullet than a .22, .223, or .22-250. After going through the rifles (Nagants, Garands, .303 Enfields, and 8mm Mauser...) in my gun safe and seeing the rounds they fire, he was having second thoughts. Soooooooooooooooo, we went gun shopping. We were looking for a VZ2008, but PSA was out of stock on them.

The next afternoon, after work, I stopped by a local pawn/jewelry shop (Butler's) and ask about any SKS they had for sale. Nope, still in pawn for a while. But after they talked between themselves they went back and checked the shelves.
    AH HA! They found one from 2011 that had not been put on the rack for some reason. After reminding them (good naturedly, of course) that I have bought a lot of guns from them, and, brought in gun costomers I asked "How much"?

$250.00 for a Zastava FRY M59-66, with the granade launcher, in a Dragonov synthetic stock, with a 4X scope, and a detachable 20 round mag. I asked for a box of ammo and the guy set a box of 1,000 rounds on the counter. I laughed and said, "Not that big of a box." But I did get 500 rounds. Did I do OK on the price of the rifle?

Nicholas likes shootin' it and thinks it's COOL! His brother (20 year old) likes it too and even offered to keep it and the ammo at his house since my gun safe is gettin' about full again. It's nice to know my son is ready to help me out without me even having to ask. LOL

Nick

GSFixit likes this.
  2. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Sounds like a pretty good price based on what they're going for around here. Pretty much every SKS around here hit the $300 range.

3. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

That was one heck of a price for one. Considering how the Yugos have been going up. But FRY? I'm not familiar with the acronym.

4. ninwnc

ninwnc G&G Enthusiast

FRY... I don't know either, but I'll see what I can find out about it.
    Nick

5. ninwnc

ninwnc G&G Enthusiast

Federal Republic of Yugosalovia according to a post on another board.

Nick

SKS NOOB likes this.
  6. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

That would make sense. I'd just be happy calling it a "Yugo".......NOT the car. :D

7. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

That's a very good price. Were it mine, I would buy an original wood stock and original 10rd fixed mag. They really are special rifles in the original configuration.

8. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Good price, although I'm a little dubious about the stock. But the SKS is like the AK-47; you have to work pretty hard to mess it up.

9. ninwnc

ninwnc G&G Enthusiast

The Draganov stock was very "front heavy" and a bit too long for Nicholas so I bought a replacement stock (Tapco Interfuse) with the adjustable butt stock. I plan to take him to the range this weekend and let him give it a whirl. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll load a photo.

Nick

Attached Files:

SKS NOOB and GSFixit like this.